Saturday, November 17, 2012

Dinner and a Show

I skipped out on the sew-in yesterday. Had a throwing up episode the night before which left me quite sore yesterday. And some of the soreness still lingers today. Strange part was that I felt and still feel fine; I don't feel sick (didn't then, either). I'm just sore. It must've been an atuonomic reaction to something.

Today is show day here in our household. We are headed south to Puyallup for the Northwest Quilt, Craft, and Sewing Festival and the Washington Arms Collectors' gun show. We might also squeeze in a steak dinner for a treat. Hubby's gonna dump me at the sewing thing, while he goes to his gun show. The cool thing is that both are at the Puyallup fairgrounds. Just on different ends of the facility.

They had us in mind when they planned that. I just know it! ;-)

My goal for this show is to get lots of info, find a few gifts and hand-sewing projects, and get some inspiration. Oh, and one other thing...



Today I'm launching a small art experiment. I've created three mixed media pieces that will be distributed at the show. I figured that by "stacking the deck" and handing them out to a more receptive audience from the get-go will be a great launch for heARTful blessings.



These personal sized random acts of art feature positive messages. Recipients are encouraged to pass them on. I'm hoping some take the time to comment on the pieces. I'd like to see how far these pieces traveled. They will be small enough to mail.



I also wanted to make everyday art accessible and show folks that it doesn't have to be fancy to be art. To keep them in tip-top shape, each piece was laminated, so it stands the rigors of  being passed around.  I'll be making more and will probably mail some out to you all to leave in a public spot for someone to find...

Go out and make it a great day! I know I will.

1 comment:

Denise :) said...

Brava, Jean!! I hope it takes off like a jet! :)